Monday, August 18, 2008

Avalon Harbor, Catalina Island

We had a short jaunt down the coast of Catalina to Avalon Harbor (the main town on Catalina). We went ashore and walked around (very touristy town) and had the required Buffalo Burgers at a nice cafe. The big round building called the "Casino" is actually a small museum and movie theater. The ticket price for the movie is $17.
After clearing out a bunch of work stuff, Dale and I went cruising around in the dinghy (not a lot to see) and then came back to the boat where Dale tried (unsuccessfully) to talk me into jumping in the water. He went up to the boat deck and dove in:



In spite of the fact that he didn't squeal, I don't think it was NEARLY as warm as he said it was. I was really impressed with the pseudo-jungle yell as he left the boat!
Tomorrow we'll get underway fairly early to head to the Coronado Islands. We're still hoping to catch a fish to grill. We also saved some Wasabi from one of the sushi places so we can hopefully try some REALLY fresh sashimi.

No comments: