Thursday, November 10, 2005

"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?" (Edgar Bergen)

As the final days before departure race by in a flurry of packing and repacking, we still have to keep going to our "day jobs" and handling everything related to a long absence. It's getting harder and harder......
Lara has finished her last business trip before we go and I have one more short one next week. I am planning to wear an Hawaiian shirt on that last trip!
With the last minute stress of our jobs, we keep remembering the quote from Bertrand Russell: "One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you two need a deck hand for a week or two during this adventure, let me know. I too am I highly skilled ASA trained sailor with actually a little more sea time than your three days :) With a little advance notice I can get away, I am a government employee you know. I love your Mark Twain quote as the heading. My wife, Karen bought me a print of a couple of schooners with this philosophy. It hangs in front of me in our den. Dream On!

Brad'42'

Anonymous said...

Yay! It's so excited to see new posts as you trip gets closer. Can't wait to start hearing "sea stories"! Love you, good luck packing.
-Em

Anonymous said...

don't stress out too much you too! and get ready to have a blast!!

mj

Anonymous said...

Really! I don't mind the last minute packing! I CAN still go, you know!

Jen